Monday, December 31, 2018

BB catches a bird

This is a text that I sent:
BB took first bird today after a rough start. Since he picks at his gear I decided to wait until he was out at the field to put on his bell, convertible jesses, and leg mount transmitter. That was an amazing CF. This is the same bell that he ate the other day. I'll call it "Jonah." After he discovered the bloody Cisco squirrel glove, he wanted only to attack it and while he rode the pole kept dropping to ground. Or attacking my right hand which wore the glove. I put glove in bag. He transferred his interest to the bell on his leg, attacking it. That went into the bag. Now he spotted the truck stop about a thousand feet away. He flew to a truck trailer twice, so I faced the dilemma of field tidbitting. Suddenly we put up a bird which he chased. After a flight or two he caught one. Then he flew to trailer..... But we saw more and more birds and he's doing all right.
The field is like a soup bowl, water everywhere and squishy. Farrah caught a bird on two truly spectacular flights. The one she succeeded on had a finish that 95% of the time would have been a miss....
A good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment